Yep. I had a lot of ideas for the letter "D". I had planned to share a recipe for donuts, but since I'm trying to diet, I decided the delete the temptation!
Have you ever grabbed a dictionary and just started to read it? It sounds rather geeky and lame, but I have done this once in a while.
I'll start by looking up a word to find the spelling -- actually, I'll start by searching the house for my reading glasses, then an hour later, if I can still remember the word, I'll look it up. Yeah, yeah, I know that can be done on the computer, but I can look it up so much faster the old fashioned way.
The next thing I know, another word will catch my eye, and before I know it, I will have read the entire page. That's how I stumbled on this word:
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. (My spell check is saying this is misspelled! Ha! Actually, I did misspell it- don't have my glasses on. Mistook an "l" for an "i".)
Here, I'll break it up for you: pneu-mo-no-ul-tra-mi-cro-scop-ic-sil-i-co-vol-ca-no-co-ni-o-sis. It's 45 letters, in case you're wondering. Here's the definition: a pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust.
I don't know if there is any word longer than this one, but this is the longest word I've ever seen. I keep it marked in my dictionary, so I'll always know where it is. You just never know when you'll need to reference a word that is 45 letters long. (It is definitely too long for Scrabble!)
Also, one of my Project 52 projects has been finding "Do not fear" verses. So far, I've found 76.
Here are 10. If you want to read 10 more, go here.
11. Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
12. Deuteronomy 31:7 - Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance.
13. Deuteronomy 31:8 - The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
14. Deuteronomy 31:23 - The Lord gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you."
15. Joshua 1:6 - Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
16. Joshua 1:7 - Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
17. Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
18. Joshua 1:18 - Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey your words, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!
19. Joshua 10:8 - The Lord said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to with stand you."
20. Joshua 10:25 - Joshua said to them, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight."
(This post has been pre-scheduled. I am currently spending time with my granddaughter, and spoiling her as much as I can. If I am slow in responding to your kind comments, that is why!)