Monday, March 14, 2011
Project 52 - Week 11
As I look out my window, I'm happy to report that it does look like Spring might actually arrive. I have a purple crocus in my possession, the sun is shining, at least right now, and I can see the grass. On Friday, we had rain. All. Day. Long. Saturday morning, we awoke to several inches of snow covering everything. It was kind of a pretty snow, but after admiring it for five seconds, I was done with it! What a crazy spring we've had. Hopefully, our March snow storm is over, and every day will get warmer and warmer.
I've been working on several of my projects. I'm close to finishing my jeans blanket. I have to decided on the backing. I kind of like it without the backing, but decided, it wasn't warm enough. So, now I have to decide on a red and white checked flannel for about $6/yard, or plain red flannel for about $3/yard. Since I'm basically cheap, and unemployed, I'm leaning towards the plain red.
One of my other projects is finding "Do not fear" verses in the Bible. I had heard someone say there were 365. I thought it was interesting - a verse for every day of the year. I'm not trying to prove a "do not fear theology", because I came across a lot of "fear the Lord" verses. But, here are the first ten "Do not fear" verses.
1. Genesis 15:1 - After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."
2. Genesis 21:17 - God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying.
3. Genesis 26:24 - That night the Lord appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."
4. Numbers 21:34a - The Lord said to Moses, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you, with his whole army and his land."
5. Deuteronomy 1:17 - Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgement belongs to God.
6. Deuteronomy 1:21 - See, the Lord your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the Lord, the God of our fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
7. Deuteronomy 1:29 - Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them.
8. Deuteronomy 3:2a - The Lord said to me, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you with his whole army and his land.
9. Deuteronomy 3:22 - Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.
10. Deuteronomy 7:21 - Do not be terrified by them, for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God.
I hope you are still working on your goals.