Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Try it, You'll like it! Tuesday - Sour Cream Cheese Enchiladas

This was our first introduction to making Mexican food. It is not at all spicey, so if you like a little heat, feel free to add some jalapenos! The original recipe calls for only 8 oz. of sour cream, but   we were always fighting over the sauce, so I doubled the sour cream. At our house, this is known as "Chinese Enchiladas". When the kiddos were little, that's what they thought we were saying! 

So, if you try this, I hope you'll like it!




Sour Cream Cheese Enchiladas
1 lb. ground beef
1 chopped onion
16 oz. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup catsup
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
Salt and garlic powder to taste
1 pkg. flour tortillas
1 pkg. Monteray Jack cheese










Brown beef and onions together.
















Add the next five ingredients. Season with garlic powder and salt.
 Mix together and heat, then remove from heat.
 Grate cheese.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 45 seconds or so, just so they are pliable and won't crack when you try to roll them. 
Divide cheese evenly into each tortilla.


 Wrap the tortillas and place in casserole dish. (It is usually a tight fit, and I have to put 2 along the bottom of the dish.)  Pour mixture over the top and bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I am so hungry now! Can you make those for dinner tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks just scrumptious Darlene!!! Thanks a million for the recipe. I will def be cooking that for the fam.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made something similar with chicken. SOOOOO yummy! Now I'm hungry. Not good since I just ate dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I usually use chicken too but I'll certainly give this a go. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...