Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Almost (Never!) Wordless Wednesday

Waaay back in July, Hubby and I took a road trip out West, and I'm just now getting around to posting the second edition of photos for your (hopefully) viewing pleasure.  We stopped in Abilene, Kansas to go to the Dwight D. Eisenhower Museum. There is not much else to see in Abilene, Kansas. This definitely qualifies as "Small Town, USA."
President Eisenhower

The home of the President, before and after serving his term

The living room where many dignitaries visited

Maime's inagural gown. She did not have designer gowns, but this one is quite beautiful

Hubby and Ike
I always liked this picture, now it's a statue in the museum
Hmmmm, could this possibly be true?
If you eat at this restaurant....


... This is what you will be served.  Everybody gets the same thing! There were no complaints.

A ride in a horse-drawn carriage is available
I like the posts

There are windmills as far as the eye can see in Kansas. I wonder how much electricity they produce!

4 comments:

  1. My favorites were the photos of Maime's gown and the chicken dinner. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the statue of the picture. Great pictures..can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good pics...and I like the idea of Wordless Wednesdays.
    --Robert

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...