Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dessert!

Deliciousness abounds. This is my Easter dessert. It is scrump-dilly-icious, but not, I'm sorry to say, low calorie. Oh well. Just eat a small bite...if you can. mwwhaah. (I can't laugh a proper witch's laugh, and I can't spell it correctly either.)

On to the dessert!

Yummy Ice Cream Dessert  (I came up with this title all on my own.)

Crush 1 bag of Oreos (you know it's going to be good already, don't you?) and mix with 1/3 cup melted butter. Put in 9x13-inch dish. Cool. Spread with 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream. (Mint chocolate chip would also be delicious) Pour one jar of hot fudge sauce and one jar carmel sauce over the ice cream. (Are you drooling?) Sprinkle with Spanish peanuts (honey roasted peanuts also work) Chop them if you like. I do. Top it with a container of softened Cool Whip. (you decide on the size of container!) Sprinkle with oreo crumbs, if you remember to keep some out, then freeze. Allow to soften a little before eating.  The words that come out of your mouth will be..."ohhhh,my gosh, yuuuuuuum"

Here's another dessert, without commentary. I have eaten this, but have not made it. It's an authentic Amish recipe.

Date Nut Pudding

Mix together  in large bowl: 1 cup cut-up dates, 1 cup boiling water, 1 tsp. baking soda. Let set 'till cold.

Add and then mix all together: 1 cup sugar, 1 beaten egg, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup English walnuts, 1 TBSP. butter, 1 tsp. vanilla.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

While it is baking, make the sauce:
Melt together and cook 5 - 10 minutes: 1 cup brown sugar and 3 TBSP. butter. Add 1 cup water and cook until dissolved Add 2 1/2 TBSP. clear jell mixed with 1/2 cup cold water. Simmer 10 minutes. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp maple flavoring.

Cut cooled cake into 1-inch squares. Put into layers with cool whip, sliced bananas, and sauce. 



4 comments:

  1. Musta been good since you guys ate the rest of the dessert before I could get seconds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh darn! I took pictures and forgot to post them! D is for duuuuuuuhhhh.

      Delete
  2. Desserts just keep getting more and more extravagant! Sounds good, though.

    Visiting from A to Z Blog Challenge. Enjoy the month of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went through a long streak of ice cream cakes for birthdays. I've crushed ginger snaps and used Butterbrickle (I think), with caramel sauce. I second the chocolate mint with fudge sauce too. Yummy. I wonder how strawberry ice cream would go? Hm.......

    The best "D" day out there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...