Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rambling On

Why is that I can have at least six great ideas for a blog....until I sit down to write??  Suddenly my brain goes "duhhhh", and my fingers can't think of a thing to type!  I'm trying to start keeping a blogging note book, but when I scan it for ideas, nothing jumps out at me.  It's very frustrating.  And, I know, as soon as I finish writing my blog, all the great ideas that suddenly vanished, will just as suddenly reappear.

 My "official blogging adviser" says "just write".  Even if I can't think of anything "blog worthy"?  Just write.  But, what if...?  Just write.  So, if you are still reading, consider this a fair warning, should you choose to continue.

I'm sitting at the computer (obviously) and looking out the window as I type.  More snow is falling. Yes, we are under another "winter storm warning" until 7 p.m. tomorrow night.  Yick.  We were already snowed in over the weekend, and just got our driveway plowed out.  Normally, we have always just shoveled our way out.  However, our current driveway is a long lane, and it is waaaaaaaay to long to shovel. Now we're facing another snow-in.  We're about halfway through the projected snowfall, which will be added to the 12 inches we've already received.  I've heard anywhere from four to nine inches.  If you want to know our true feelings on snow, check out an earlier blog "The "S" Word". (OK, so I'm not sure if that is the proper way to link an article, but my official blogging adviser is at work, and I know she is going to be shaking her head and rolling her eyeballs when she reads this.

Everything is white.  The sky is white, the ground is white, there is a white haze from the falling snow. There is at least a dozen inches of snow on the neighbor's roof.  I wonder how much snow a roof can hold before we have to think about shoveling the roof!! Tree branches are weighed down from the weight of the snow.

Jennee and I decided to slide down our hill the other day.  It was quite comical.  We like to spend the winters indoors, so we don't have proper winter play clothes.  Or sleds, for that matter.  We thought plastic garbage bags would work,  but they were too small, and hard to hold on to.  Hubby found a piece of roofing paper that was long enough, but it was not slippery enough. We had a good laugh when Jennee took a flying leap down the hill, expecting to glide down, but abruptly stopped after going only six inches.  We did manage to finally get down the hill, but it took a lot of effort.  I thought I would be able to go down head-first, but I just couldn't make myself lay down in the snow, on purpose.  And, after snow in the face, and snow up the back, we decided to head back into the house and cozy up with a nice cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...