Friday, February 5, 2010

I Only Have 46 More Weeks Left???

Wow, time is flying by.  Six weeks in and I still don't have an official list.  I am really not very good in making goals.  In fact, when I try to think of some, I just sit and stare blankly at the sheet of paper I have laid out in front of me. (I'm still Old School.)

After reading Jennee's and Karen's blogs, I have decided, unashamedly, to copy from them some goals that I think I may be able to accomplish.  So, here goes:

1. Read 12 books this year, at least one classic. 

2. Get my passport.  Hubby and I have talked about this for YEARS, and still have not done it. So, this should be the year we quit talking and start doing.  Plus, you never know when we may need to make a quick exit out of the country.

3. Mail birthday cards to friends and family.  I love making cards, but, I'm really bad about sending them out. That makes no sense whatsoever. 

4. Host a family get-together for July 4th. 

5. Lose ten pounds. (Or at least maintain.) Not sure how successful this one will be since I don't plan on starving myself. But, if I can eat what I like, but in smaller portions, surely that will work.

6. Read my Bible every day.

7. Travel somewhere new.

8. Edit Jennee's book. Jennee has informed me that this should be Number 1! I have made progress on this one.  I've done three chapters so far.  (Thirty-six to go!!)

9. Do yoga. 

10. Learn the words to "Te Deum" by Haydn. More on this in a future blog.

So, I want to encourage everyone taking part in Face it Friday to work on accomplishing your goals. And I will keep my list in front of me so I won't forget what I've written down!

8 comments:

  1. You definitely have some good goals! Definitely get your passport. And then GO SOMEWHERE AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, following you from Friday Follow.

    Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from Friday Follow. Stop by and visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I'm a Friday Follow follower. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am inspired. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals. Welcome to the Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower. So glad to have you with us.

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...