Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday Follow and Face it Friday!

Happy Friday Follow and thanks for stopping by. I'm also participating in Face it Friday from Cheap Therapy. Face it Friday is where we see how we're doing with the goals we've set. I'm not really a big goal setting type person, but thought I'd give it a try! Here's a quick run-down for my week.

1. Read 12 books, at least 1 classic.
    1. The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner - finished 2-8-10. That guy had to deal with a lot of stuff that wasn't even mentioned in the movie. Word of caution: There is offensive language peppered throughout the book.

2. Get Passport. - Nothing - (Waiting to do something with my hair before I get my picture taken. Is that ridiculous or what?)

3. Mail handmade birthday cards to friends. - Haven't had any birthdays, but have had to send out some sympathy cards.

4. Host family get-together for July 4th.  - Don't have to think about that one yet. Still have snow on the ground.

5. Lost 10 pounds.  Opps, went the wrong way!!

6. Read Bible every day.  Only managed about three times this week.  Not good.

7. Travel somewhere new. Way, way back in the deep recesses of my mind, it seems like there MIGHT have been somewhere new that I went to, but, I can't remember. *see the name of my blog!

8. Edit Jennee's book. I have finished several chapters. I'm a little ahead of her, but I'm sure she will soon catch up with me. An editor's work is never done!

9. Do yoga.  I did indeed do a little, tiny bit of yoga. Ouch!

10. Learn the words to "Te Deum".  I have made a little bit of progress.  At least on the section we rehearsed on Tuesday, I was able to keep up, for the most part.

That's it for this week. I hope you are being successful with the goals you have set for yourself. Oh, I do have one more new goal. Try to figure out how to get that cute Friday Follow picture on my blog. (Maybe I shouldn't say that publicly; it shows how pathetic I am with blog stuff.) (Jennee: stop groaning and rolling your eyes!)

18 comments:

  1. I hope you get to achieve those goals, that's not too much. Losing weight, that is doable too. Read the bible, I should start doing that too, I only have the pocket sized ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Good luck. I stink at goal follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from Friday Follow! I love yoga (sort of, lol) I love how quickly you seem to progress when doing it. It didn't take more than 2 weeks for me to really notice a difference (and I do 11 basic steps every day) I might branch out a bit and take a class or something over the summer but for right now, as a beginner, I am really enjoying the basic 11 moves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my goals is to set goals.LOL Happy Friday follow!Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from Friday Follow!
    Have a great weekend!
    http://raisingmy4sons.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your idea of setting goals! Glad I found you! Now following from Friday Follow - hope you'll drop by soon!
    Susan
    www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's what's cool about Friday Follow: the people you meet! I love your blog, love the name of it, and I noticed that you are from Wooster. I live in Ireland...BUT...I am from Carroll County! LOL...used to work in New Phila, not too far from you at all! Isn't this interweb cybernet computin' stuff A-MAZ-ING?! :)

    Big web, small world.

    Oh yeah...followin' ya now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday Follow! I'm following you and hope you'll stop by and follow my blog too!

    http://yelliepooh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm a new follow from Friday Follow! Hope you can visit my blog!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming by and Happy Friday Follow to you too. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on your goals! Keep at it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to get to know you through your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!! :o)

    Be sure to stop back by and register for my UNbirthday giveaway! It closes on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday Follow! I am a new follower and look forward to coming back soon and reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Darlene! And happy FFriday!

    Here are two things that might help you with your goal list:

    - a great way to get a passport picture you like is to take it yourself... check this out:

    http://www.goodtrueandbeautiful.com/2009/06/free-passport-photos/

    As far as posting pictures in your blog posts, it's super easy. Here's a tutorial, but if you need help, just ask!

    http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41641

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun post! Love your wit from a new follower.

    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am just stopping in from Friday follow, I love your blog name! Great goals :)

    http://www.angelasbits.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm jealous mom. so jealous rightnow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm already following from fri follow!
    Love to have you stop by and follow me!
    http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...