Happy New Year! I hope 2011 will be full of good things for you! (2010 ended with a surprise surgery for Hubby, but more on that later!)
I have said many times, that I am not very goal-oriented. Besides lacking follow-through, most of the time I just can't remember if I made any goals! I made a list of goals for last year, and although they were not very lofty, (in fact, I only made a list of things I thought I would actually do) I did feel as though I actually accomplished something when I was able to cross something off my list. In fact, it made me feel very good.
This year, I'm participating in Project 52, along with Jennee and Karen. On Mondays, I'll let you know how I am doing. I have made a list of 52 things I want to accomplish this year. A lot of my "projects" are dealing with organization, so, I hope that by the end of the year, I can declare myself "more organized"!
I'm looking forward to Project 52, and seeing how many items I can cross off my list.
If you are resisting setting goals, or making resolutions, why not join us, and give it a try this year? You might be surprised at what you can accomplish!
So, here is my list:
1. Lose 30 pounds - 15 by March
2. Read 10 books
3. Manage my time better
4. Improve my blog
5. Have 200 followers
6. Start a card ministry
7. Make the jeans blanket for which I have been saving fabric for ten years!
8. Finish my NC photo-scrapbook
9. Finish my Vacation out West scrapbook
10. Host a Stampin' Up party
11. Look into doing product reviews
12. Be better at leaving comments on other blogs
13. Save money for a laptop computer
14. Be more compassionate towards others
15. Read my Bible daily
16. Become more informed on politics
17. Learn more about the history of our country
18. Get passport
19. Invite friends over for dinner, once a month
20. Take a cooking class
21. Get a hair cut
22. Exercise three times a week
23. Find 365 "Do not fear" verses in the Bible (I heard there were that many)
24. Get through an entire P90X workout
25. Go through the box of "stuff" in my bedroom
26. Go through the box of "stuff" in my living room
27. Re-organize bedroom and get rid of old, nasty clothes
28. Travel somewhere new
29. Make get well cards....and send them out!
30. Get a plan for the garden...start seeds at the right time
31. Clean and organize the basement
32. Find a new make-up plan...use colors that don't disappear with gray hair.
33. Start cooking through the hundreds of recipes I have saved and never made
34. Organize freezer and make inventory sheet
35. Drink more water
36. Organize atonement study notes
37. Organize and spring clean the bathroom
38. Organize and spring clean the bedroom
39. Organize and spring clean the living room
40. Organize and spring clean the office/craft room
41. Organize and spring clean the kitchen
42. Clean out the office closet
43. Get vacuum sweeper fixed (maybe that should come before the cleaning!)
44. Take down the Christmas tree
45. Fertilize house plants (they've never been)
46. Find a place to store Sweetie Pie's toys
47. Organize reading area
48. Donate blood
49. Save money to buy new clothes in a smaller size!
50. Learn how to transfer a button--in less than an hour!
Well, it appears I'm a few goals short, but I'm sure I'll think of something before the year is up!