Friday, January 7, 2011

It's my Blogiversary!

It's hard for me to believe, but I've been blogging for one year now! I distinctly remember Amazing Daughter dragging me over to the computer, and sitting me down, then saying, "You are going to start a blog!"


"What's a blog?" "Why do I want to write a 'public diary'?" "I don't get it. What's the point?" 


But, it didn't take me long to get addicted to blogging! And, I think I "get it". It's about sharing and making friends. I'm not much of a talker, but blogging gives me a way to share my life and thoughts. And, it gives me a way to share in other's lives in return.


I didn't think I'd care about having followers, but after I got my first follower, I was so excited, even though it was my daughter! Karen was my second follower. After that, I loved watching that number rise. 


I love getting comments, and try to leave lots of comments, (but, honestly, sometimes after reading a lot of comments, I feel like mine would be boring or sound like I copied from someone else's comments.) But, now that you know that, I'm going to try to leave more comments, even if they sound, like, "duh".
I know you like comments, too!


So, as I start my second year of blogging, I hope to become a little more "blog-savvy". Time will tell if I succeed.


Thanks for stopping by!






9 comments:

  1. Um. I do believe that you told me that you were thinking about starting a blog. I just made you commit to it. But I'm proud of you mom. Surprised too! Way to survive a year in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! I always appreciate your comments. Hope that this year is just as lovely, if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!!!!!!!! Looking forward to many more postings from you. :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your one year blogiversary!
    Stopped by to follow your blog from the Free Hot Samples Hoppin' Weekend blog hop... do comment/follow me back :-)
    Have an abundant 2011! :-)
    Best,
    Elizabeth
    Positive Kismet Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene thanks for checking out my wee blog, looks like I've timed my visit perfectly Happy Blogiversary. Here's to another year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. I just noticed your Project 52, number 32. So true, as we age we need different colors and products. And it's good to have some fun items along with not-so-fun ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversery!!! I know what you mean about becoming more blog savvy - it seems like no matter what I learn - there is so so much more to learn.

    Congratulations on your milestone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Blogiversery, dear Darlene!
    How did I miss that post?

    Here's to another year of blogging experience!!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously behind and trying to get caught up.

    Happy Belated Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...