Monday, February 14, 2011

Project 52 - Week 7


Another week has swept right by, and spring is getting closer every day! We are supposed to have temperatures in the 50's this week, and I am looking forward to seeing some ALL of this white blackish-yucky stuff go far far away! Oh to see something green again!


While I haven't seen much green, I have seen a lot of blue. This week I started going through all the jeans I have been saving for years and years and years. Thanks to the encouraging comments I got about finishing the jeans blanket, I am now cutting them up to make my jeans blanket.

When I started digging through the trunk where all the jeans were being kept, I found this:



Directions to make a very cool quilt, in the Log Cabin design. I don't know what possessed  me to think that would be a good idea. I won't deny that it will make an awesome quilt, but it won't be made by me. Look at all those pieces! No, no, no. My quilt will have six inch squares. My goal is to finish all the cutting this week. 


As you can see, my work area is the kitchen table. When I was much younger, I cut everything out on the floor. However, I wanted to be able to walk again when I was finished, so I've moved up to the table. I hate to set everything up, take it down, set it up, so it's going to stay like that until I'm done cutting.  We'll just have to find somewhere else to eat.




So, that 's what I have been working on this week. How are you coming along with your goals. The year is still young. There's plenty of time to start on your list of 52 (and you don't even have to do 52!)

6 comments:

  1. You are so funny! (You want to be able to walk again after you finish the project! LOL! I hear you!!) Well, I think whatever pattern you choose for your jeans quilt is going to be great. The one you show sure does look great though. If you have any quilting questions, you can go to my friend's blog: http://craftopotamus.blogspot.com/
    Cecily does gorgeous quilts. So I think she has her email address there and I'm sure she could help you out if you are stuck with any questions. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product. You still have what? at least 40 weeks to finish! Yay! ;)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you getting it done. I cut out on my bed if it really comes down to it because like you, I'll need to be able to get up when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was creative like you - can't wait to see the quilt..

    Love to you
    Kelly
    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Darlene, it's been a while since I've been over here. Lovely to be back! I like the new look. I am so impressed with your 52 goals, and I see a number of them are achieved to date. I love the jeans blanket - so creative.
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that list of 52 is intimidating - at list you didn't make it 365!
    Good luck.
    Visiting from Edge of Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey love your list, good luck. 2011 sounds fun. I'm a goal setter by nature ... thanks for the encouragement. :) Look forward to following your adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...