Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Try it, You'll like it! Tuesday - Taco Soup

 Like I've said before, I really, really like recipes that are easy. The hardest thing is this recipe is using a can opener. With the cold weather coming on, this soup will warm you up in a hurry.

So, without further ado, let me present

TACO SOUP
1 lb. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 can corn or hominy (or frozen corn)
1 can chopped tomatoes (or Rotel)
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can ranch beans 
1 can beef broth (I've used chicken)
1 pkt. dry ranch dressing (I've made it without this)

If desired, fresh cilantro and sour cream, for garnish

Brown hamburger and onion together in large kettle. Drain fat. Add everything else. You can use whatever beans you like. The original recipe calls for 3 cans of black beans, but I like to mix it up a little. I don't drain anything, I just dump it all together. Heat and eat.

3 comments:

  1. yum. my favorite soup...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound good! I have a recipe for Chicken Tortilla soup which is basically a ton of cans - and it is so yummy too!!

    I will have to put this one in my files! Wonder if you can toss it all in the crock pot - or if that would cook too long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love soup on these cool fall days? This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...