Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Working May Be Hazardous to My Health

Yes, I have had a job for about a month now. I'm still quite surprised that I continue to be employed. It has been an adjustment. Luckily, I have done library work before, so this job is not completely overwhelming. However, there is the little issue of learning the computer programs - for library cards, fines, holds, renews, and all that kind of stuff. I'm learning them, but I hope I don't exceed the normal learning time. That concerns me a little.

My other learning issue to getting used to a schedule. My schedule doesn't change much, but, on one day I go in at 11:00, and on another day I go in at 9:00. I got up ready to go in at 11:00. I like to saunter around in the mornings, drinking my coffee, wandering around in my p.j.s, taking my time, piddling around, doing nothing. But, when I looked at the calendar, I freaked out. NO! Today is my 9:00 day! YIKES!! The time is now 8:15! Holy moley! How did I mess up like that! I ran through the house shrieking, "I have to be at work in 45 minutes!" During my running and shrieking, I ran into the doorway. On both sides. That takes talent.

Then I yelled out to my family members, "What day is it????" They said, "Today is Tuesday. What is wrong with you?" 

Oh. Whew. So today IS my 11:00 day. I calmed down, and rubbed both of my shoulders. Don't ask how I hit both sides. Must have ricocheted from one side to the other.

This is quite an adjustment for my poor, old brain. I hope I survive it.

Till next time,

4 comments:

  1. Yes, but have you ever fallen out of a moving vehicle and then been run over by it? THAT takes talent!

    Congratulations on the job! I'm glad it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. I always wanted to work in a library. Now I'm not only too old but our local libraries have been automated. It's all done by machine, well almost all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, please don't hate me, but the thought of you ricocheting in the doorway made me laugh out loud. I have done the very same thing!!!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done this so many times you had me laughing.. The worst is when you think you go in later and figure out you are running super late! I hate being late. Be careful. Am having a decent eye day so I thought I'd swing by and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...