Monday, August 20, 2012

If only...

I'm trying to make a blogging comeback, but it seems the harder I try, the busier I get. This has been a very crazy year. It has never taken so long to get moved and settled in. We're coming in on six months now, and while we are making progress, there is more to do. This unsettled business might have something to do with the fact that we are not only trying to get our house finished up before winter, but we also have five acres of land that needs to be made ready for a smidgen of livestock, and we need to put a gas line in so we don't have to rely on electric heat! Mix that together with the fact that the jobs we are getting requires a lot of traveling. And, well, there's just not much time left for blogging. And, oh, how I miss that blogging time. 

However, one of these days, we will get caught up on our work! (I hope, I hope, I hope! Fingers crossed!)

If all our jobs could be like this recent job, I would not complain AT ALL! We put gutters on this house shortly after we moved back form North Carolina, three years ago. They had just moved in, and they had giant 4-foot high ferns all over the place. I mentioned that I loved all their ferns. They hated them and wanted to get rid of them. I could have whatever I wanted. I happily went around digging out as many ferns as I thought would fit into our truck, occasionally stopping to help Hubby with the gutter work. Oh happy day!

They recently called for another job. There wasn't much I could do, but Hubby said I could go along because they had a bunch of blueberries they said I could pick. We love getting free fruit because that turns into brandy! He also said I could take my bathing suit and go swimming in their pool afterwards.  I wasn't sure I'd feel comfortable going swimming in a stranger's pool, but I took my suit, just in case.

We arrived at the job about 9:00 a.m. Hubby started surveying the situation while I took my buckets and headed for the blueberry bushes. Those bushes were jam-packed with berries, and I picked to my heart's content. It took three hours to get through them all!

Meanwhile, Hubby was up on the roof, tearing off wood-siding, making repairs, and replacing new siding.  The weather was nice and pleasant, but of course, it's always at least 20 degrees hotter on the roof.
 After my strenuous three hours of picking blueberries, I did decide to take a dip in the pool. 
Oh yes! It was a heavenly as it looks. I'm pretty much a fish when I get into the water. I forget how much I love being in the water until I actually get in. Ohh, I love it! So this is where I spent the remainder of the day. Floating on a little raft, getting off and swimming around the pool, hoisting myself back up on the raft, floating, swimming, floating...you get the idea. Just me and the pool. I told Hubby on the way home that I think we need to put a pool on the list of things to get someday!

 Right beside the pool was a butterfly bush, and those things do indeed, attract butterflies. I hopped out of the pool to have a little photo shoot with a butterfly.



These were the sights that greeted me as I swam and floated around and around. Beautiful gardens everywhere! I hope to make a similar transformation in our yard - someday!





The blueberry bushes are in the background

 What? Did you say you wanted to see a picture of me in my bathing suit? I'm blushing. I'm very shy about that sort of thing, but for you I will make an exception! 

Hee hee. I'm hilarious!

This week my agenda includes this:


Yep. Scraping and painting our house. And, guess what I'll be doing for the next two weeks after that. Scraping and painting another house. Oh, the fun of it all. 

How I wish I was back here:

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely pool :) welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love it when we get one of those little reprieves from our daily grind. Yours sounded just about perfect! Don't suppose you'd like to come scrape and paint here afterwards? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that they let you spend time in their pool. It does look heavenly! I have the same butterfly bush and I love watching the butterflies land on it. Great pictures and cool color on the tootsies!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Darlene,
    Wow, you sure have a busy life and I understand how you feel about blogging. Thank you very much for stopping by under such busy schedule.
    Oh, I love the beautiful pictures of the place and butterflies, I thought the garden has a slight Japanese touch. How wonderful you could enjoy the swimming in the pool♬♬♬
    Lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a pretty cushy job to me (at least for you, maybe not for hubby). What gorgeous gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Darlene, you have been so busy and yet these perks come along--like the swimming pool and a day spent picking luscious blueberries (how many did you pop into your mouth?????) and the splashing in cool pool water! Wow!!!! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bathing suit. It's very slimming. :-) the purple nails are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoot! I'd like to be there myself! haha As you may know though I'm working on a book fair with Wayman publishing to raise money for the diabetes association. It happens this weekend. Starting Sunday the 2 through the 4. There will be 10 books to download for free and a lot of other authors are putting their books up for reduced prices. Of course most have pledged a portion to the Diabetes Association. It's huge! If you have time swing by and get some free reads my friend. Spread the word if you can. We would like to make a sizable donation to the association. Hope you get through all your work but I'm still jealous about the pool and berries too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...