I don't mean that in a bad way, but Hubby is almost always right. Take the other night, for example. I had been working outside, mostly cleaning the patio, putting plants in the garden, that kind of stuff. I came in from working, and the inside of my wrist was a little itchy. I took a look at it, and it looked like some kind of a rash. I said to Hubby, "I think I have a rash, maybe from the heat." (I really had no clue, but thought that sounded good.) He took one glimpse at it and said, "You've got poison ivy or poison oak. STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I said, "You barely looked at it, how do you know?" He said,"Don't have to. It's poison ivy. Don't touch me."
Now, I have not had poison ivy since I was 12 years old. Not a pleasant experience. On the other hand, a good year for Hubby is to have poison ivy only one time per summer. In all the years we have been married, and the countless times he has had poison ivy, I have never got it. So, I didn't really believe him when he said that's what I had. I was certain that in a day or two, my itchy rash would be gone. I wasn't in the woods. I wasn't pulling weeds. There was no way that I had poison ivy.
Well, instead of going away, my rash got all bubbly and seepy. So, I had to pull out the Calamine lotion, and admit that I do have poison ivy. But, oddly enough, Hubby has shown no sign of having poison ivy. Usually, if he is in the same room as someone with poison ivy, he will get it.
I just hope this does not mean that we are switching roles! Boo for poison ivy!