Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Stars and Stripes Forever



Today is Flag Day.  June 14, 1777 was the day the Stars and Stripes was adopted as our National Flag.  In 1916, President Wilson issued a proclamation making June 14 Flag Day, and in 1949, an act of Congress made June 14 National Flag Day.

Hubby and I have plans to install a flag pole on our property, sometime, hopefully before we die in the near future, so we can see Old Glory flying every day.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures from the past, and for your listening pleasure, you may enjoy the great John Phillip Sousa March, "Stars and Stripes Forever", played so wonderfully by the U.S. Marine Band. It should stir your patriotic heart, and get your toes a tappin'.  And, for an extra tidbit of information, "The Stars and Stripes" is our National March.

Twenty minutes later...I guess you will have to enjoy the music without the pictures.  I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my little thingy-ma-jiggy...the stick thing, whose official name I can never remember...they showed up where I could view them, but when I needed to download them, they are no where to be found.  This is a cry for help to my Official Blog Adviser!  I know, I can hear you now..."Oh Mother!"

Anyway, it's Flag Day, so show your colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...